The focus on making spinal adjustments is a unique approach that chiropractic specialists use to treat patients having spinal complaints. Even so, chiropractic adjustment may not necessarily be the only procedure employed by these specialists in managing patient care. Natural agents, such as water, cold, heat, light, massage, and exercise are the most common physiological measures employed by chiropractors. Below we shall explore the different forms of chiropractic services in Clayton Heights and massage therapy, as well.
Common Forms of Chiropractic Services
Below are some of the most common forms of physiological therapeutic measures incorporated in chiropractic care:
- Heat & Cold: Chiropractors may choose to alternate between cold and heat therapy to treat back pain problems.
- Exercise: Chiropractors also provide patients with useful instructional guides for exercise programs focusing on strengthening and stretching the back.
iii. Dietary management: the specialists may additionally provide their patients with dietary recommendations with the objective of providing treatment for back pain.
- Massage: Chiropractors massage soft tissues, an action that helps by improving blood circulation and reducing inflammation and swelling often linked to back pain.
- Hydrotherapy: The use of water and varying the pressure and temperature via whirlpools, hot baths, wraps, or saunas focuses on your body’s reaction to stimuli (hot and cold). This chiropractic measure is used to reduce back pain sensitivity through the application of cold stimuli, which helps to numb pain while the application of hot stimuli promotes quicker healing and enhanced blood flow.
- Ergonomics: While you undergo chiropractic care, your chiropractor is likely to recommend some minor modifications that may include changing your workstation both at home and at your workplace, as well. The difference between getting a positive or negative outcome is directly linked to the application of ergonomic job-related modifications or a specific hobby-related irritating activity.
Massage specialists work in different settings, including hospitals, private offices, nursing homes, and in fitness and sports facilities. It is not uncommon for therapists to visit their patients’ in the workplace or their homes. When you engage the services of a professional massage therapist, you can look forward to getting massage therapy in a calm and soothing environment.
When you need professional massage treatment, your appointed therapist will ask you about your medical history, symptoms, and your desired results. The specialists may additionally perform an extensive evaluation simply through touch to locate the tense or painful areas while determining the right amount of pressure that they need to apply.
When getting massage therapy, a patient would typically lie on a special type of table while wearing loose-fitting clothing, but in some instances, patients may be expected to undress (covered up in a sheet with the exception of the area that will be massaged). To effectively administer massage treatment, your therapist will use lotion or oil to lower the amount of friction that occurs on the skin. In some cases, patients can receive massage while seated on a chair. While the session may be somewhat brief, it may also last one hour or longer.
Whether you need massage therapy or chiropractic services in Clayton Heights, it is important that you engage the highly reputable specialists who are capable of delivering the desired outcome while offering quality treatment.